“Life is so weird.” This statement best describes my feelings towards transitioning into adulthood. It seems like just yesterday I was a carefree thirteen-year-old begging my mom for the latest iPod touch; now I’m twenty-seven, paying a mortgage and organizing doctor visits for my son. They weren’t lying when they said life is like a vapor.
In honor of my 27th birthday and the rebirth of my blog, I wanted to share 27 random facts about myself to help you get to know me better!
I figured I’d start with the basics:
- My name is Krysta Marie James
- I was born in Miramar, FL, where I currently still live today. I know some people cannot imagine living in one area for such a long time, but I’m a Florida girl to the core, and I love it here!
- My favorite color is tiffany blue/ mint green. Buy me anything in that color, and I’m obsessed!
- I am married to my bomb husband, Jovan James. We started dating when I was sixteen and got married when I was twenty-three – talk about commitment, lol.
- I recently gave birth to my son, Logan. I can go on and on about him, so I’ll leave it at he is the BEST thing yet.
- I have a spoiled Maltese, Snow. She was a Christmas gift for my sister and I in 2008. I still can’t believe she will be thirteen this year!
- I am of Jamaican Heritage on both sides of my family – shout out to all my yardie dem!
- I attended Somerset Academy for Elementary, Middle, and High school. Although being at the same school for pretty much my whole life, I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. I received the opportunity to truly grow with a lot of my classmates and have made lifelong connections that I am extremely grateful for.
- I attended the University of South Florida, where I received my bachelor’s degree in Health Science.
- I also received my master’s from Florida International University.
Now that I’ve covered the “about me” portion. Here’s a few random facts that makes me – me!
- I hate public pools. I just can’t do it. Something about swimming in stand-still water with a bunch of strangers doesn’t sit well with me. Not to mention, I rarely see anyone get out to use the bathroom.
- My biggest pet peeve is people not covering their mouths. Whether it’s to cough, sneeze, or yawn, it drives me crazy!! COVER YOUR MOUTH!! I’m getting triggered just thinking about it, lol!
- I love murder mystery shows. It’s pretty bad. I have the Investigation Discovery app downloaded to my t.v.
- Growing up, I had a huge fear of ET. My mom only increased that fear by dragging me on the ride at Universal Studios. To this day, I can’t comfortably look at a picture of E.T.
- I love Thai food
- I attempted to learn a few instruments and engage in a few sporting activities, none of which stuck. I took piano, violin, and tennis lessons.
- I was a part of the Praise Dancing Ministry at my church for 7 years.
- I still play Candy Crush. I don’t play as often as I use to, but I’m 2679 levels in too deep.
- I was stabbed in the arm at a church picnic. Yes, the story is as ridiculous as it sounds. Lol! Long story short, during a church picnic, I happened to be running in the direction of a man who was using a knife to cut a string to fly his kite. There’s really not much more I can say regarding that situation. I’m still trying to make sense of it twelve years later.
- I’m Semi-Adventurous. I have gone parasailing, snorkeling, and ziplining.
- I don’t like cats, but ironically I once owned one.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with candy. I love anything gummy, sour, or chewy. I have a soft spot for bubble gum.
- I love spicy foods. I will drop a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet in my bowl of soup for an added kick.
- I don’t like flying. Whenever I have to fly I get anxious days leading up to the flight. I wish it were something I could ignore, but anxiety is really real.
- I don’t like crowds. I am a self-proclaimed germaphobe (as you can see from my dislike for public pools and people not covering their mouths). I get anxious when in large crowds. Covid has only helped to increase my fear, but I’m taking baby steps.
- I prefer FaceTime over calls.
- My favorite fruit is pomegranate.
I wanted to use this moment to send a huge thank you to my family and friends. I entered chapter twenty-seven feeling blessed, loved, and extremely grateful. God has been so faithful, and I know he only has so much more in store.
Thank you for checking out my blog! Were there any facts that surprised you? Let me know in the comment section below! ☺️
+ Leave a comment